Srividya Eashwar is a professional dancer, choreographer and teacher. Dance has been a major part of her life for the last 20 years. She has participated and won numerous awards as a dancer and choreographer in Dance Competitions and Talent Shows in India and in the Bay Area. She received her classical training in the Traditional Tanjore Style of Bharatanatyam at “Sri Rajarajeshwari Bharatha Natya Kala Mandir”, Mumbai, India and also trained in different folk dance forms of India.
Srividya is the Artistic Director of ‘Xpressions’ and she works with a lot of passion, determination and dedication to develop in the students an interest for dancing and a passion to learn and explore different art forms. She uses her experience as a dancer and teacher to create an environment of positive and passionate learning for her dancers.
What we Offer
Classes are offered in one or more of the following styles depending on the level of the students.
- Traditional Folk – from various states of India. This includes popular folk dances like Bhangra,Koli, Garba etc and many unique folk dances from states like Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Assam etc.
- Contemporary Folk – folk based songs from movies, or various independent artists
- Semi-Classical – The Semi-Classical style of dance breaks the stylized structure and forms of the classical dance and adopts a more contemporary style of presentation. This helps to expose the students to elements of Classical Dance forms like Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Odissi etc. Songs may be picked from popular movies
- Creative Fusion – dances combine any or all of the above styles with emphasis on a special theme.
Types of Classes:
- Group Dance Classes for children and adults (Ages 4+ and above).
- Private Instruction (Group and Individual)
- Customized Dances- for weddings (family, guests or the bride)
- Customized Dances – for social functions, celebrations and beauty pageants
- Workshops (Navratri Special, Intro to Folk Dances of India, Intro to Bharatanatyam)
- Consultation for various production, and stage shows